Monday, February 15, 2010

Chloé Spring/Summer 2010 Ready-To-Wear

I've always liked Chloé, but I admit it's been a while since the French label last came up with something that got me really excited. So I was pleasantly surprised when I checked out the  Chloé Spring/Summer 2010 Ready-To-Wear collection.

Firstly, flat sandals feature generously in this Chloé collection. I cannot overstate how much I love flat sandals. I want to wear them with everything--dresses, trousers, shorts. Chloé combines flat sandals with crisp shirts and even suits! Part of the reason these leather sandals work so well here is that the clothes are well-cut and never overly casual or sloppy, although they do retain a relaxed air.

Speaking of suits, that brings me to the next thing I love about this collection--chic work-appropriate attire that's devil-may-care casual but still formal enough to wear to the office (for those girls whose jobs don't permit them to waltz in wearing sundresses). Just bring along a pair of aforesaid flat sandals and you're good once you step out after work.

 

As you can see, the sandals work for outfits that fall on the chic side of casual. The neutral tones make them appropriate for work, too (well, at certain offices anyway).

 

Taking the level of formality up a notch doesn't make these sandals look out of place in these pictures. I absolutely love the unisex cut of the white shirt.

 

If you have to wear a suit at work, these suits will ensure you don't get lost in a sea of black standard issue business get-ups. Throw on a pair of oxfords, loafers or flat pumps and keep the sandals for after work.

 

Again, I love the androgynous touch the unisex shirt brings. Something about the way the body and sleeves fall down straight. The dress in the second picture was so pretty I felt compelled to include it. Best of all, its loose silhouette makes it look extremely comfy (some of you mori girls may like it too)!

Hope these clothes inspire you to put in a little more effort at work!

Image source: Chloé

4 comments:

  1. I'm lucky enough to work in a creative office setting where I can express myself freely and openly in my clothing choices :) For those who aren't this is wonderful inspiration! I am crushing on the second coordinate with the beige poncho and slim trousers. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool post. I'm liking the information you've been putting out lately!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey can I ask how you get your baby yellow background?

    ReplyDelete