Monday, October 26, 2009

Marc by Marc Jacobs Spring/Summer 2010 Ready-To-Wear

To me, Marc Jacobs can do no wrong, so this post may be biased. I always faithfully check out Marc by Marc Jacobs because the pieces never fail to be cheerful and childlike; the styling is fantastic as well and always provides lots of cute and casual style ideas.

The Spring/Summer 2010 Ready-to-Wear collection this year comes in eye-popping colours. I'm in the Southern hemisphere right now and we're just moving from winter into spring, so these clothes are making me anticipate warm weather even more.



These sundresses come in bright contrasting shades. I love the contrast of the red shoes against the blue dress. And the colour combination on the ethnic-looking dress is fantastic! Striped casual belts cinching at the waist give an outfit more structured silhouette without making them look too formal.



Marc Jacobs always employs such brilliant styling. Here he mixes stripes with checks and plaid with more plaid.



We probably already own things we can use to recreate these looks. The tshirt tucked into the high-waist flared skirt is feminine but still cute and casual. I love dressing up my tshirts like that! It's the perfect way to get away with wearing old tshirts while escaping looking sloppy.

I usually adore everything Marc by Marc Jacobs comes up with anyway, but right now I'm really loving how the high-waisted, A-line silhouette can look so casual.

Image source: Style

No comments:

Post a Comment