Monday, October 26, 2009

Melissa Shoes

For a few years now, my favourite shoes have come from Brazilian brand Melissa. Their shoes and sandals are made entirely of rubber--but they look nothing like that other infamous brand of rubber footwear, Crocs.

I loved their collaboration with Vivienne Westwood, which first came out last year if I recall correctly. Vivienne Westwood has always been a little kitsch, and the playful rubber material of Melissa shoes brings that out perfectly.



In fact, I have that exact pair of beige t-strap heels. I'll be the first to admit that they aren't cheap for rubber shoes, but I loved them so much I decided to splurge... just that one time.... I actually seldom wear heels because I like to walk around a lot, but these are as comfy as flip flops!

There are other cute Melissa shoes besides those in the Vivienne Westwood collection.



To be honest, these Melissa shoes look like they could have been designed by Vivienne Westwood as well. The blue pair in the middle looks very similar to the platforms she used to make.



They make very comfy flat shoes too. I actually have that last sandal in black; it was my first pair of Melissa shoes ever. It looks much better in black but I couldn't find a picture.

I love how Melissa shoes never seem to be apologetic about wanting to have fun!

Image source: Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment